Is it a sex blog? A mommy blog? A bitch & moan blog? Um, . . . yeah. This is my place to be totally honest. In my real life, I feel like I'm always lying to somebody about something. Here, I am totally honest. Brutally so. However, no matter what bad things I say about my kids, I adore them and would never ever really, say, sell them on Ebay. The husband, often referred to as Spousehole, is another story. Oh yeah - if you are under 18 (or if you are my husband), please leave now.

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

WTF Wednesday

WTF . . . is whole-grain apple pixie? This is on my son's school lunch menu for today and I have not the slightest idea what it might be. Does it have dairy in it? Can't tell. Packing his lunch, I guess. *flips hair*

WTF . . . is with my kids? They used to each get up as they woke up and would come downstairs to present themselves to me as a little bundle of need to be appeased. Now when one wakes up, he or she wakes the other first and they come downstairs together. TWO little bundles of need at once. Both want to be held and then have breakfast. Different breakfast, because heaven forbid they should want the same thing. It's a P.I.T.A.. One at a time was much better. *flips hair*

WTF . . . is my problem? Why did I pick a fight that is totally unnecessary? My husband was sifting through a pile of paperwork I have yet to file yesterday. He pulls out a piece of paper and begins studying it intently. It's a lab report from my physical last month. He says "Why in the world did you have testing for a bunch of STDs?" Shit. (All clear, btw!) My reply: "Oh, it's standard now as part of a gynecological exam. No big deal." He bought it. End of story, right? Crisis averted? Well, no. I've been crabby and snarly and can't let things go, so I had to poke the otherwise tranquil beast. "And besides, since I don't really know what happened between you and S when you spent the night with her last summer, better safe than sorry." I'm a fool. It got unpleasant from there. Why do I do stupid shit like that? *flips hair*

WTF . . . is with road crews showing up at 7:30 a.m. and jackhammering the street in front of my house for well over 1/2 an hour? I shit you not. Woke the girl up and upset the boy, who has some sensory integration issues with loud noises (frankly, they don't thrill me either). As an urban neighborhood, all the houses are close to the street, so we could feel the vibrations in the house. And this is a residential neighborhood, full of families with small kids. I snapped a pic so you can see what I'm talking about:
Even a 1/2 hour later would have been preferable. Plus there's no way my son's bus could get through that, so we had to meet the bus on the corner. And it is garbage day AND recycle day, so the garbage and recycle trucks both need to get through. *flips hair*

*flips hair* - if you don't know what this means, check out this post from Stealth, second video. Hil-frickin-larious. Whatever do people do who don't have enough hair to flip?

Your Passion is Purple!

You've got a ton of passion, but you don't always wear it on your sleeve.
If something truly excites you, you let your inner intensity shine through.
But otherwise, your passion tends to morph into energy ... which you never lack.
You're a balanced woman, knowing when to turn on the fire in your heart.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a bald guy I can tell that the raised eyebrow, followed by the shaking head dismissal, works just as well. C;)

Constance said...

Good Wednesday morning to you, Bunny !

I'd have been waving with my middle finger... all of that would have sent me sideways ! Flip away, my dear, flip away ! :) !

Loving Annie

The Creeper said...

I don't quite miss the days of needy children. I love that mine have become quite self-sufficient as far as waking up and breakfast goes. For a while there, Alex was going over to his best friend's house each morning to wake him up, cook breakfast and then catch the bus. His friend's dad drives OTR truck and his wife up and left, leaving a teenage boy home to himself.

Anyway. Loving the little bit of independence I have now. I get up, make sure they are up and moving, then I go for a walk. By the time I come home, my oldest is gone to the bus stop and my youngest is just watching cartoons until it's time for him to go.

Ugh on construction. They are "soooo number one".

Anonymous said...

Like your blog - I am a garbage collector...you ever run a last bag out to the truck or chat with the guys as they are taking your stuff? You'd be surprised, but we get a lot of nice, attractive housewives who stop to watch -- especially when we're taking furniture.

Kitty said...

*flips hair* lmao The dig on hubby... I wish someone could tell you and I why we do it.

Cali Girl said...

I hate the construction stuff at 7:30am... why must they do that!!!

I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day :)

Anonymous said...

I think the Apple Pixie things were like cobbler, but up north you can't call it that.

You'll wish one day that your kids need you more than they do.

Why is Spousehole so intently studying your lab report in the first place? Looking for evidence? Why can't you let it go? Because you haven't forgiven him for his transgression and continually beat him over the head with his past. Not excusing his Spouseholish behavior, though.

As for the road crews - it's so they can knock off early and head to happy hour. When I worked for the utility, we were on the job by 7:30 or 8:00 and in by 4:30 at the latest. I think the trash guys who pick up those giant bins from apartment complexes enjoy waking people up at ungodly hours - mine is here between 5 and 7 am.

Just keep flippin' your hair!!

crse said...

See I do the digs too. And I really have no good reason since gill (in all of his quirky annoying ways) is an amazing guy. So why do we do it? After fourteen years, Ive finally gotten to the point where i can stop mid-fight picking and say to him "why am i doing this? what the hell is my problem?" but he is not a spousehole and if he was, i dont know that id ever even want to stop picking.

I think i need to study the hair flip video. Hair flipping may be the next step.