Is it a sex blog? A mommy blog? A bitch & moan blog? Um, . . . yeah. This is my place to be totally honest. In my real life, I feel like I'm always lying to somebody about something. Here, I am totally honest. Brutally so. However, no matter what bad things I say about my kids, I adore them and would never ever really, say, sell them on Ebay. The husband, often referred to as Spousehole, is another story. Oh yeah - if you are under 18 (or if you are my husband), please leave now.

Thursday, October 11, 2007

New Poll Re: # of Sexual Partners

HNT is down one post!!

I've touched on this issue before (what counts as having "had sex" with someone, etc.). Then this week's TMI included a question asking participants to guesstimate how many partners the average person of the participant's gender has had.

These are the motivation behind the poll questions to the right in my sidebar.

PLEASE NOTE: This poll is completely anonymous. I have no way of knowing who answered or what his/her answers were. My traffic stats aren't that specific (and even if they were, I have neither the time nor the inclination to figure it out.) Your answers will not be traced back to you!!

The first question asks for your number of sexual partners, counting only intercourse. I threw the word "voluntary" in there because I believe that one should never count instances where one was not a voluntary participant. Spousehole and I have been around and around on that one. I do not count the s.o.b. who raped me as someone with whom I have had sex. That was not sex, it was violence. There's a huge difference. Spousehole disagrees, saying "Part of his body was inside your body. That's sex whether you consented or not." I have pointed out that this is exactly the point of view that gets women in some cultures shunned or even stoned to death for the "crime" of being raped. So, short story long - only include voluntary interactions, please. (Yes, I know Spousehole can be a Neanderthal, you needn't remind me.)

The second questions asks for your number of sexual partners, including not only those with whom one has had intercourse, but also those with whom one has made it "third base" or so. Please include all such partners regardless of gender, as it is my poll, damn it, and I don't want to separate out same gender/different gender questions. Too damn confusing. If you were both girls and you touched each other's "hooha" in a sexual manner it counts, ok?

Thanks for playing and participating in my totally unscientific poll!!

9 comments:

Deech said...

Thanks for the poll...very unscientific...I loved it!

Flyinfox_SATX

Keyser Soze said...

Hunh.

Well, being a man I figure if I came that counts as sex for ME LOL

Interesting results so ar!

The Creeper said...

I'm going to talk about my answers because, well, because I can and I don't care who knows.

I have only one thing to say...

I am such an innocent! LMAO!

Anonymous said...

I didn't see a place to vote for a negative number?? ;)

Vixen said...

I was going to do something very similar. I'm glad you did. Bc I'm very intereseted in this answer. I was surprised by the low number of numbers that were coming out of the TMi, in reference to amt of sexual partners.

BTExpress said...

Interesting results. IMO, both are too close together. I think a lot more people have gotten/allowed third base than actually had intercourse.

Trueself said...

I have to say that on the first question I could give an exact count. However, to the second I'm not even sure I could remember them all (is that a bad thing?) so I guessed.

Also, I'm a bit surprised there weren't more people with higher numbers in the second poll. However, maybe not everyone is as slutty as I am! LOL

Bunny said...

Thanks to everyone who has participated so far. As far as my own numbers go, my second stats far exceed my first, but I went through a big "everything but" phase for a time in my life - a born-again virgin type of thing - lol. But I still needed a little something, you know . . .

Em said...

Fun poll....thanks!