Is it a sex blog? A mommy blog? A bitch & moan blog? Um, . . . yeah. This is my place to be totally honest. In my real life, I feel like I'm always lying to somebody about something. Here, I am totally honest. Brutally so. However, no matter what bad things I say about my kids, I adore them and would never ever really, say, sell them on Ebay. The husband, often referred to as Spousehole, is another story. Oh yeah - if you are under 18 (or if you are my husband), please leave now.

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Today is a better day . . .

Actually yesterday was okay too. Spousehole is being pretty nice to me. Took me out to lunch on Friday and was fairly pleasant. He watched the kids so I could go the gym alone, though he did expect me home in time to cook dinner and then grumbled because I was still in my sweaty gym clothes at the dinner table. Geez, I just didn't have enough time to shower and change AND get home when he wanted me there. But it was okay.

Thank you to everyone who commented and/or emailed about my last post. I appreciate each and every one of you. I've decided to take the "whatever" hair flip approach to things. He's just trying to get a reaction from me and I'm going to refuse to react. I won't give him the satisfaction. I'll try to be mature about it all, above the childishness. We'll see how that goes. So far so good.

He is dragging me to We are going to a wedding this evening. I will know exactly zero (0) people there, except for Spousehole. Should be a blast. I sure hope there's alcohol. Unfortunately, that's not just a given in our area. Due to the proliferation of conservative Christians and the generally quite cheap Dutch population in our area, alcohol-free wedding receptions comprise approximately 50% of the receptions we attend. Keeping my fingers crossed . . .

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhh.... I've been to a booze free wedding and damn near shot myself. Why would people who were really boring want to have a wedding without booze? I could see going to a wedding of interesting people, who were interesting to talk to, liked to dance and have a good time, and were somewhat crazy even with no booze... but boring people should have booze at their wedding (period)

Good luck!

Lady in red said...

ah but the flaw in tha argument is that they don't know they are boring

George said...

Hmmm ... will the toasts be done with .. water?

The Creeper said...

Ok, I now have a much better idea of where you live. LOL! See, you need to be a Yooper. Come on up here. I once heard that we have the greatest number of bars per capita...anywhere. Or something like that. Not sure if it is true, but it would not surprise me. My dinky town of just over 4000 people has 10 that I can think of right off the top of my head. No, wait...13 and there are two liquor licenses up for sale on a bar that isn't currently operating.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, deja vu!! Against my better judgment I went to a friend's wedding today. I knew the groom, the groom's family and absolutely no one else. And... there were only sweets, like cake, chocolate fountain and more cake with punch. I should have mailed the card and gone to the car show. **sigh** Hope your experience was better!!

Vixen said...

Booze free camping....booze free weddings.... [shaking head]

I hope it was ok and not as dreaded as you thought it might be. :)

Kitty said...

I know it's hard, but if he's being nice keep your chin up and remember why you married. Look for all the good.

crse said...

I find it best to bring a flask just in case. I know this advice is too late for this wedding but bear it in mind in the future. you wont regret it!