Is it a sex blog? A mommy blog? A bitch & moan blog? Um, . . . yeah. This is my place to be totally honest. In my real life, I feel like I'm always lying to somebody about something. Here, I am totally honest. Brutally so. However, no matter what bad things I say about my kids, I adore them and would never ever really, say, sell them on Ebay. The husband, often referred to as Spousehole, is another story. Oh yeah - if you are under 18 (or if you are my husband), please leave now.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Oh Good Lord . . .

I had to go and bitch to my mom about Spousehole ditching me to go up to the cottage with the kids on his own. Big freakin' mistake. I should know better. When my mom discovered that I was having sex with my boyfriend when I was 17 (she found the birth control), she went straight to my dad with the news. Daddies don't want to know these things about their baby girls. Plus Dad had really liked that boyfriend, so he was doubly hurt because now he had to kill him. (I date preppy rich "nice" boys, Dad can't stand 'em. I bring home a long-haired blue collar rocker-dude - K - and Dad adores him. Go figure.) Mom wasn't that upset, she kind of expected it. She just can't keep her big mouth shut.

So I whined to my mom about Spousehole and she told my dad. I may be turning 40 soon, but I will always be Daddy's Little Girl and, like a typical man, he wants to "fix" everything. Mom stopped him from calling Spousehole to bitch him out. After all, he was on the freeway with my baby Girl in the car. But Dad insisted on calling my in-laws and trying to recruit them to talk some sense into their asshole son. So then my MIL calls me, wants my side of the story. FIL wants to bar Spousehole from the cottage or their house for treating me like shit. I had to get them to agree to just let Spousehole talk to them if he wants to but otherwise back the hell off. MIL recognized that their interference would only make things worse for me. Of course, she's been there. She's married to Spousehole, the Prequel.

Thanks to everyone for your support. Thanks especially to my blogosphere friend who IM'd with me for over 2 hours this afternoon and really, really helped me. You're the best, buddy.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

The good news is that you have people you care about who will help you do whatever it takes to deal with Spousehole. I'm a little surprised that FIL would stand behind you like that, but that's a good thing, too. At least until Spousehole convinces him otherwise.

However, having all of these extra people in between you and Spousehole isn't good, either. When I was with X2, there was all kinds of interference from all directions. After I moved out, by the grace of God, I found a counselor who helped me get untangled from all of those people so I could make intelligent decisions about my life and my future. She was affiliated with this group. Bowen Center I learned a lot from her. She helped me understand why I stayed 7 years in a miserable, defeating relationship not too unlike yours.

I love you like a sister and I don't even know you. If you need someone to vent to, a shoulder to cry on, or to help you plan your escape - write or call me...

Anonymous said...

I was 18 1/2. I picked someone around my age. I should have gone for an older guy who knew what he was doing. It would have been less painful.

crse said...

Oh sunshine. Im soooo sorry. I just read the whole story. What a FUCKING ASSHOLE. Kudos to your dad for both wanting to kill him and not doing it. Im sorry but Im GLAD they called the in-laws. Jackass. If you need to vent more, you know where to find me buddy.

Vixen said...

UGH.

**UGH**

I'm so freaking pissed off FOR you. And you know what, that is SO something AH would have done to me.

(((you)))

Anonymous said...

It's great to know you have the support of your family. But I also know what you mean about wanting them to back off.

I'm worried that Spousehole will turn the tables trying to justify his actions when he does talk to his family, so that you end up looking like the ass.

*hugs* lots of them.

Anonymous said...

You deserve better

Anonymous said...

OyVey...messy, messy LOL

BTW...I like SpouseHole, very funny!

Edtime Stories said...

I think you really do have a mess. BTW I am always able to listen

Anonymous said...

Ah,my mom is the same way. I tell her something and she blabs to my dad now that they're back on good terms as well. She also blabs to her sisters and and my grandparents about it so it ends up with everyone in on whatever it was. Sigh. I hardly ever vent to her or tell her much for that reason. A venting session turns in to drama or everyone in my business and I hate that, lol.

HyperAnt said...

I've only just discovered your blog and have now spent....I don't even know how long reading here. You are a pleasure! I can't wait to come back and read more!

You are a calmer woman than I...I don't think I could have handled the leaving you behind incident as graciously as you apparently have. Of course, my husband informed me 3 months ago that we were never a-c-t-u-a-l-l-y married so really, I guess I don't have much room to talk.