Is it a sex blog? A mommy blog? A bitch & moan blog? Um, . . . yeah. This is my place to be totally honest. In my real life, I feel like I'm always lying to somebody about something. Here, I am totally honest. Brutally so. However, no matter what bad things I say about my kids, I adore them and would never ever really, say, sell them on Ebay. The husband, often referred to as Spousehole, is another story. Oh yeah - if you are under 18 (or if you are my husband), please leave now.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Update re: Girl

Girl's initial blood tests indicate that she is likely fighting a virus of some type. The doctor suspects mono, so we went back in for more blood tests. They needed two vials! The phlebotomist wasn't sure such a little critter could spare that much, having had that same amount taken out just last night. Girl only weighs 21 lbs, 8 oz. She's a dinky 2.5 yr old.

They drew the blood, but it didn't go smoothly. Despite two of us holding and one poking, Girl got a hand loose and pulled the needle out of her arm! No one thought to release the tourniquet, so the blood just flowed and flowed. It was a mess. Then they did the other arm and we kept her still. She was hysterical, as you might imagine.

Now she's napping. Her temp is 102 degrees (F). Poor kid. We were going up to the cottage this weekend to hang out with my BIL, his wife, and 2 yr old daughter. I don't think Girl and I will be going now. Niece was extremely premature (25 weeks - her twin didn't survive) and her parents are super concerned about her being exposed to stuff (rightly so). Don't want to give her mono, or whatever this turns out to be.

1 comment:

crse said...

Oh man...poor little thing. You know i can empathize more than i would like to be able to! I hope it gets way better soon for both of you buddy!