Is it a sex blog? A mommy blog? A bitch & moan blog? Um, . . . yeah. This is my place to be totally honest. In my real life, I feel like I'm always lying to somebody about something. Here, I am totally honest. Brutally so. However, no matter what bad things I say about my kids, I adore them and would never ever really, say, sell them on Ebay. The husband, often referred to as Spousehole, is another story. Oh yeah - if you are under 18 (or if you are my husband), please leave now.

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Sunday Memes

Unconscious Mutterings, the Free Association meme

  1. Memorable :: unusual

  2. Resolution :: made to be broken

  3. Goal :: unattainable

  4. 2008 :: new start

  5. Sensational :: tabloids

  6. Popular demand :: tabloids

  7. Old :: me

  8. Music :: theme

  9. Intense :: feelings

  10. 2007 :: sucked

BTW Sunday
~The Memories of 2007~

By the way...

What memories, good or bad, will you take with you from 2007?

My marriage crumbling until there is almost nothing left, the joys of my children's achievements, meeting some new people who have become very special to me, and the realization that 40 isn't quite as horrible as I thought it would be.

8 comments:

Bob said...

First, 40 is the new 20. "Don't Worry, Be Happy" ~ Bobby McFerin

Second, I am coming away from the year 2007 with the loss of a dear friend to cancer. She was a fighter but lost the most important battle of her life. Gail was one of a kind.

Third, marriage is hard. Real hard. Staying married is nearly impossible for most of us. It ain't no bed of roses. If I had one piece of advice for someone whose marriage is coming apart it would be to stay together for the sake of the children - the scars divorce leaves on children are everlasting - it literally changes who they are. As an educator I've seen this time and time again. Staying together means lots of hard work, an upbeat disposition and stick-to-it-tive-ness.

Oh, and divorcing one spouse and marrying again only means that you're trading one set of problems for another. Been there. Done that.

Best wishes for you in 2008.

Em said...

40? Really? I've seen the HNT photos...you are an awesome 40 year old! Besides, 40 just isn't that old.

Sorry about the marriage going so badly. It happens too often. My first went badly...but the second has been great for 22 years! So don't give up.

Constance said...

Happy new Year to you, Bunny...

I hope there are some GOOD things that come out of the what is lost...

Life is hard sometimes, and so is a marriage and a dream ending.

Glad that your children bring you joy --

40 and healthy isn't bad at all. It's still young, actually :)

((hugs))
Loving Annie

h said...

I'm waiting until the Mute Monday of January 7th to reflect back mutely on the past year.

Edtime Stories said...

well raising my glass for a better 2008.

Ronald Burgundy said...

When I look back at 2007, I'll look back fondly at a year that began the process of "enough is enough" in my life. Enough with jobs that have no potential for happiness or money. Enough with looking in the mirror and wondering how 10 lbs were going to magically "fall off". Enough with being unintentional in my sex life with the Mrs. Enough apologizing for making my family the focus of my efforts.

I hope that your 2008 exceeds any of your goals and expectations.

Ron

Zoely said...

Happy New Year, again, if i didn't already say it!

Vixen said...

Cheers Bunny. You are a strong, beautiful woman. I hope 2008 looks up for you.

For me...the highlight of 2007 was having my divorce finalized after over a year of it looking like it *wouldn't* ever, or anytime soon.

The lowlight....can't really think of one. This year. HUGE step for me, considering 2006.

xo