Is it a sex blog? A mommy blog? A bitch & moan blog? Um, . . . yeah. This is my place to be totally honest. In my real life, I feel like I'm always lying to somebody about something. Here, I am totally honest. Brutally so. However, no matter what bad things I say about my kids, I adore them and would never ever really, say, sell them on Ebay. The husband, often referred to as Spousehole, is another story. Oh yeah - if you are under 18 (or if you are my husband), please leave now.

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Happy Hanukkah!


Happy חנֻכה to all my Jewish friends and readers! The Festival of Lights is a beautiful celebration. I don't just say that because it involves fried foods! As a Christian, I apologize for our holiday kind of taking over yours (Hanukkah Bushes? With dreidel lights? Emphasis on gifts over the spiritual meaning? Hanukkah greeting cards? Yeah, we've messed y'all up.) If you're in my neck of the woods, let me know and I'll pick you up some Krispy Kremes and we'll celebrate together! They're not sufganiot, but they'll work in a pinch, right? (Just like we substitute any old jelly doughnut for a pączki on Fat Tuesday. We're more alike than different, sometimes.)

8 comments:

exile said...

this was so festive of you!

it makes me want to light the minora, make a wish, and blow out the candles

Edtime Stories said...

thank you dear, ahhhh I wish I was in Israel this week, sufganyot are sold on the street.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Hey, I will go the Dunkin Donuts today.

Jim said...

LOL . . . love the Jewish cat.

"Here comes Hanukkah . . .
it's so much fun-ukkah
so find a yamulke
for your cat to wear-ukkah . . ."

XOXO

Polt said...

I know absolutely nothing of Jewish life or holidays. All I know is Hannukkah Harry from the SNL skit.

Funny skit, but sad that I dont know more.

HUGS...

Blue said...

Sorry I'm neither Jewish nor Christian, but do let me know if you hit my "holiday" this month.

Johanne said...

I really have no idea what you are talking about here... but happy it, no matter what... ;-))
Just saw the pole... and yes... we have sex while I have my period... never been a problem... and somehow, I find it even more enjoyable...
And... yes... he used his mouth too... ;-)))
Hmm... are we weird?

Deech said...

Mazaltov! Good post and even though I am not Jewish I appreciated it.

If I were ever in your neck of the woods we would be doing something completely different...

Flyinfox_SATX

Anonymous said...

Very cute LOLcat. :)
Very festive!
BIG HUGS
padme amidala