Is it a sex blog? A mommy blog? A bitch & moan blog? Um, . . . yeah. This is my place to be totally honest. In my real life, I feel like I'm always lying to somebody about something. Here, I am totally honest. Brutally so. However, no matter what bad things I say about my kids, I adore them and would never ever really, say, sell them on Ebay. The husband, often referred to as Spousehole, is another story. Oh yeah - if you are under 18 (or if you are my husband), please leave now.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Soundtrack to My Life

Do you get songs stuck in your head? I don't mean for a few minutes or even a few hours, but days on end. I do. And it can suck. They are not always songs I like, often they are songs that I heard just a little bit of and wham! it's stuck in my head. A while back, it was "Father Figure" by George Michael, after watching a hot video that used that song. That lasted almost a week. Now it is (you're going to laugh) "Private Eyes" by Hall and Oates. I know! See, it's all the fault of some guy on NPR. This weekend, this guy was on NPR talking about how he embarassed himself as a kid by responding to the question "what is your favorite song?" with "Private Eyes." NPR had to play a clip, of course. It's been in my head ever since. Driving me freaking insane.

I've tried listening to other things - Queen, Styx, Alan Jackson, Toby Keith, Dixie Chicks, Alison Krauss, Fall Out Boy, Eminem, Sawyer Brown, Jackson Browne, AC/DC, GNR, Raffi (yes, at this point I'd rather have Raffi stuck in my head) . . . and still I hear "Private eyes, they're watching you, they see your every move . . ."

Help me, please! I'm in Hall & Oates HELL!!

10 comments:

sandy shoes said...

mmm, I saw that hot video with the George Michael song...

Yeah.

This happens to me all the time. Often it's a song that's in my head before my eyes are even open in the morning, and one I haven't heard during waking hours in weeks. I can't figure it out. Nothing seems to work, but I guess Raffi is a good place to start... his stuff is earworm central.

Anonymous said...

I am sooo sorry.

Anonymous said...

LMAO! I posted "Faith" as one of my fav old songs and had it stuck in my head forevah!

This week I've got a new one in my head...Paralyzer by Finger Eleven. Wait until Friday and I'll blog about it.

Anonymous said...

Listen to a new song by Mute Math called "Typical" and you'll be hooked on it for sure, Darryl & John, George & Ringo don't stand a chance!

h said...

As Alison's Krause's attorney, I demand you that you NEVER again include her on a list with the Dixie Sluts and Eminem.

Menacingly,

Otto Von Troll, Attorney-In-Law.

Co-signed.

The Committee to Restore the Good Name of White Trash by expelling the Dixie Chicks and Eminem.

Vixen said...

Oh absolutely! I become obsessed w/ a song and play it over and over in my head, in my car, on my iPod. Obsessive person that I am.

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm sorry! I hate when that shit happens. I get songs stuck for days and days and sometimes I don't mind. Sometimes it just annoys the piss out of me. More so if it's a song I hate. I can listen to another song over and over again or purposely try to not think about it... but it comes right back! I hate it. I'm sorry you're in H&O Hell right now, haha. Hope it goes away soon.

crse said...

Dont feel bad. Im sure you will recognize the tune when I tell you whats been stuck in my head for a month "Percy's been put-upon put upon put upon Percy's been put-upon Poor old Percy'" Damm Annie and CLarabelle. The other one that recently started is the chorus for city high's what would you do? Im kind of enjoying that one but I do hear there are cures! I think singing you are my sunshine is one of them....good luck friend.

Edtime Stories said...

I love Raffi...

Corner Grocery Store is amazing...

hum American Pie sure to get any other song out of your head

Cali Girl said...

now that song is stuck in my head...

get

it

out!