Is it a sex blog? A mommy blog? A bitch & moan blog? Um, . . . yeah. This is my place to be totally honest. In my real life, I feel like I'm always lying to somebody about something. Here, I am totally honest. Brutally so. However, no matter what bad things I say about my kids, I adore them and would never ever really, say, sell them on Ebay. The husband, often referred to as Spousehole, is another story. Oh yeah - if you are under 18 (or if you are my husband), please leave now.

Thursday, August 30, 2007

An Interview by Soccer Dad!

I took up Soccer Dad on his invitation to be interviewed. Here are his five (5) questions for me and my answers:

1) Which TV family would you best fit in with and why?

The Simpsons, probably, or the family on Malcolm in the Middle. They are dysfunctional on the surface (teasing, fighting, etc.) but in the end they always have each other's backs. That's me exactly - if you are family (bio or emotional), I will tease you mercilessly, be horribly sarcastic, fight you tooth and nail over stupid things, but if you are in trouble or someone else is giving you crap, I will have your back. Woe to the fool who goes after my loved ones.

2) Do you have someone you miss more than anyone else in life?

Yes. A close friend from high school, Kathi, suddenly turned her back on me at the beginning of our senior year. She never really gave me a reason, but I think "social climbing" had a lot to do with it, as well as the fact that I had been very obviously depressed and withdrawn that summer (got down to 75 pounds, at 5'2") and she wasn't prepared to deal with that. I understand why she needed to pull away, but I can't really get over the way she did it. I miss her and our friendship to this day. I've seen her at reunions and it is always awkward. I can't talk to her for long because the pain comes rushing back. I've forgiven her, but I can't trust her again. As SAHMs, we'd probably have more in common than ever, but I just don't dare chance having my heart broken like that again. In fact, the only close female friend I have to this day is someone I was friends with before Kathi. I'm wary of getting too close to friends because of how much it hurt when Kathi and I stopped being friends. It hurt more than any break-up with a boyfriend, before or since.

3) What part of your body can someone touch and make you melt?

My neck. Stroke or lightly kiss my neck, from right behind the ear and down, and I'm all yours, baby.

4) Is there intelligent life on other planets? What about Canada?

Other planets, I think so. As huge as the universe is, I find it hard to believe we're the only ones out here.

Canada? Why wouldn't there be, eh? Only a stupid hoser would ask a question like that . . . probably wears a Anaheim Ducks toque, the loser. Yeah, I bet he doesn't even watch Calliou or Big Comfy Couch; and definitely drinks Coors or some other American piss beer. Toss me another Molson, wouldja eh?

5) Bath or Shower?

Shower, hands down. I get bored taking a bath, unless someone else is with me (and I don't mean my kids!) Plus sitting in water polluted by my own filth and soap scum doesn't seem terribly conducive to being clean, kwim?

Now it is your turn. If you would enjoy being grilled by Bunny, the Randi Rabbit, then:
1. Leave me a comment saying “Interview me.” (and your email addy, if necessary)
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with a post containing your the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

Thanks Soccer Dad! This was fun!

6 comments:

Edtime Stories said...

I would love to be interviewed by you, especially since you can use the word toque.

nope said...

Interview me please :)

It's so much better than me bitching and complaining on my blog all of the time... lol.

Unknown said...

What with being a Canadian I feel I am wholly qualified to answer 5 questions. We can use words like humour, colour, and favourite. We'll discuss the merits of hockey, ban a few guns, walk around topless and perhaps get hitched. Ah; what am I saying? To keep the peace, it would be totally up to you whether you interviewed me or not. I mean I wouldn't feel comfortable making you do something you weren't ready or prepared to do. So yeah, later eh?

Anonymous said...

I'd love to be interviewed by you! Give me something to do besides bitch or whine. :)

I do believe you have my email addy.

h said...

Great answers. I liked that it was limited to Five too. Interview me if you'd like.

Trueself said...

I've done this once before, but I'll do it again. Mostly because I'll be interested in seeing what questions you decide to ask me.

You can find my email addy in my blogger profile. Oh heck, here it is, suitably masked to try to prevent the harvesting of it by spammers:

mytruself at Google's webmail site known as gmail and you know it gets followed by the dot and the com.