Is it a sex blog? A mommy blog? A bitch & moan blog? Um, . . . yeah. This is my place to be totally honest. In my real life, I feel like I'm always lying to somebody about something. Here, I am totally honest. Brutally so. However, no matter what bad things I say about my kids, I adore them and would never ever really, say, sell them on Ebay. The husband, often referred to as Spousehole, is another story. Oh yeah - if you are under 18 (or if you are my husband), please leave now.

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Unconscious Mutterings and BTW Sunday

Unconscious Mutterings, the Free Association meme

  1. Paranormal :: Spooky
  2. Alarm :: Hate it!
  3. Operative :: Spy
  4. Changing :: Seasons
  5. Framed :: Pictures
  6. Beer :: Yuck!
  7. Referral :: Doctor
  8. Unmasked :: Eliot Spitzer
  9. Movie star :: Cary Grant
  10. Handbook :: Girl Scout

BTW Sunday

By the way...


Did anyone call you last night?

Yes, but I wasn't home then. Spousehole talked to them.

How late were you on the computer last night?

11:15 p.m.

What did you have to eat last night?

Original chicken sandwich, plain, from Burger King. No fries.

Did you watch any good TV shows or movies last night?

No; no TV - played Uno Attack with my nephew

Did any news items stand out to you last night?

No

Did you go out last night?

Not really, I was at my parents' until 8:30, then drove the kids and myself home.

What was the weather like last night?

Clear and warm-ish (for Michigan in March)

What was the last thing you said last night?

"You stupid cat"

What time did you go to bed last night?

11:15 p.m.

*~*~*~*

I was up at 5:30 a.m. with sinuses that hurt too much to allow me to sleep any longer. Damn, this is some bad stuff I've got. Two sudafeds (the good stuff, that you have to show ID to buy) and a heating pad on my face took the pain down to merely painful, from "OMFG just kill me now!" To top it off, I've got a very sore throat from the post-nasal stream (no mere drip for me!). Sucks arse.

*~*~*~*

My parents' neighbor, who they've known for 33 years, slipped on some ice last week and broke his hip. My parents' are taking care of his dogs while he has been in the hospital and now while he goes to a rehab facility. So the neighbor invited my Dad to watch the Indiana b-ball game the other night at the neighbor's house, since he has Big 10 network on his satellite service and it's not available on my parents' cable. The neighbor also has a big screen TV. My Dad's complaint afterward: "That screen is just too big. Who needs a TV that big?" I'm starting to question my Dad's masculinity - after all, don't all men want the biggest TV screen that money can buy?

Since my Dad has the keys, the neighbor's daughters came by my parents' house yesterday to be let in to get their father some stuff. It was kind of scary to see. The neighbor's youngest daughter used to be my sister's best friend. I've known her since she was 2 years old and she is now 34. She was always very pretty and intelligent. Not any more. She looks like she's nearly 50. She's also quite skinny and her teeth are rotting in her head. Can you say "meth head?" It breaks my heart to see people do that to themselves. She could have really done something with her life and instead she threw it all away to be a meth head. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

A near hit on the mutterings.



Mine are up ::here::

Have a great week!

Polt said...

I don't want the largest TV I can buy....but then, as a gay man, perhaps I'm not the best measurement of 'masculinity'? :)

HUGS...

Anonymous said...

Well we had two matches.
You and my dh matched on one. He played along in my blog.

Sorry to hear about your sinus condition. I hate that myself. I hope you feel better.

Also, I hope the neighbor had a fast recovery. It must be so upsetting to a person of that age to have such an accident that dampers independence.

Vixen said...

That's funny about your dad and the whole tv screen thing.

Felicity said...

too bad about the meth head...if anything i mostly feel sorry for people like that. If they knew better, they would do better, right?

Biscuit said...

Yeh, I thought that "big" thing came standard with the Y chromosome...

I swiped your memes. Hope you don't mind! :)

Desmond Jones said...

Well, if misery loves company, shall my sinuses pull up a chair next to yours?

Since I've been 'eating healthy', I've really been much healthier just overall, most notably my sinuses - I used to get colds that would send me to bed 3-4 times a year, but it's been almost a year since my last one. Until now. Actually, the cold itself isn't the bad part - it's the 3-4 days afterward, trying to blow all the rubber cement out of my head. . .

Sorry for the nasty imagery, but I do feel your pain (well, actually the pain I feel is my own, but I know what you're talking about. . .)

Anonymous said...

I hate my alarm too and couldn't agree more with your beer comment!

Have a wonderful, Easter weekend...