Is it a sex blog? A mommy blog? A bitch & moan blog? Um, . . . yeah. This is my place to be totally honest. In my real life, I feel like I'm always lying to somebody about something. Here, I am totally honest. Brutally so. However, no matter what bad things I say about my kids, I adore them and would never ever really, say, sell them on Ebay. The husband, often referred to as Spousehole, is another story. Oh yeah - if you are under 18 (or if you are my husband), please leave now.

Friday, March 21, 2008

"Good" Friday

It's Good Friday. What's so "good" about it I have yet to figure out. Seriously. We are commemorating Jesus' crucifixion and death. That was "good?" I mean, I understand that it led to the resurrection and salvation and all that, but it still doesn't seem "good" to me.

No school today, so both my kids are home, plus I'll have two neighbor kids in the afternoon. Happy happy, joy joy. I still feel nasty. I may even try a neti pot, which has worked so well for M. Giant. I'm that desperate. I have to go get more Sudafed today - I better remember my ID! I left my license in the car last time I went to the store and I couldn't buy more decongestant without it. Damn meth heads!

Church tonight for a service of tenebrae. I'm hoping to lay around like a giant slug on Saturday so that I will feel better for Easter Sunday. We're not doing much this year for Easter. Church in the morning, hanging with my family in the afternoon. We used to go out for lunch, my whole family, but no one was really up for it this year. I'm picking up a god-awful expensive HoneyBaked Ham® this afternoon for Sunday. That's the extent of my contribution this year. I'm sick, after all. No one wants anything made by me.




see more crazy cat pics

6 comments:

- said...

A housefull of kids, huh?! Yah that's definitely a lot of "happy happy joy joy" so have fun with that : ) *lol (not!!!)
Hope ya get that sudafed & feel better soon! Enjoy your weekend & get lotsa rest on Saturday ; )

h said...

"Good Friday" is not a universal name for the day. The liturgical title for the day in the Western church was "Friday of Preparation," since the time Jews used the word paraskeue (getting ready) for Friday, meaning the "day of preparation." Popular names for the day are "Holy Friday" among the Latin nations, "Great Friday" among the Slavic peoples, "Friday of Mourning" in Germany, "Long Friday" in Norway, and "Holy Friday" (Viernes Santo) among Hispanic peoples.

George said...

Good Friday is a statutory holiday in Canada ... no work, no shopping (they are all closed).

It is well believed that Good Friday was originally God's Friday the way good-bye was derived from God be with ye

Lady in red said...

sorry you are still feeling ill.

My romeo tells me that good friday is not a holiday in the country where he is working at the moment

Edtime Stories said...

I find the whole Holy Week thing facinating. I have lived places where the world shuts down on Good Friday. Yesterday what I noticed was the number of people shopping in the midafternoon.

Desmond Jones said...

Well, I've always understood that 'Good Friday' is arch-emblematic of God's goodness on our behalf. . .

I don't know how Tenebrae is done at your church, but I went to my first one a couple years ago, and was blown away by it. . .