Is it a sex blog? A mommy blog? A bitch & moan blog? Um, . . . yeah. This is my place to be totally honest. In my real life, I feel like I'm always lying to somebody about something. Here, I am totally honest. Brutally so. However, no matter what bad things I say about my kids, I adore them and would never ever really, say, sell them on Ebay. The husband, often referred to as Spousehole, is another story. Oh yeah - if you are under 18 (or if you are my husband), please leave now.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

TMI Tuesday!



1. In the midst of a hangover have you ever promised to "never drink again?" How long until you broke that vow?

Oh yeah. Hundreds of times. Sometimes it was within a couple days that I drank again. I was a college student, after all! I haven't been that drunk in about 15 years. After the last "I'll never drink again" bout, I probably went six months to a year without a drink. Even now I only drink once or twice a month and I don't really get drunk anymore.

2. What is the stupidest thing you have ever done while drinking (or not if it is really stupid) but thought it seemed like a good idea at the time?

You mean besides drinking and driving or sleeping with guys I barely knew? Well, there was this one time, at band camp, . . .

Seriously, here are just a few:

Gone skinny-dipping in Lake Huron. The NORTHERN part of Lake Huron.

Peed my pants. On purpose. In front of people. (I was dared and I'll take any dare when drunk.)

Stole a little kid's bicycle with training wheels (I got it back to its owner the next morning, safe and sound) and rode it around Harbor Beach, Michigan at 2 in the morning.

Gotten food at the McDonald's drive-thru. Without a car.

Changed clothes in the parking lot of Cedar Point, right out in the open. Underwear and everything.

There are probably more, but I don't remember them. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

3. On a scale of 1-10, where do you rate green beer?

-500. I don't drink beer, because I'm allergic to an ingredient in it (and all malt beverages). I pay for drinking beer or malt beverages with a puffy face, swollen lips and throat, and sometimes a rash. So beer, green or otherwise, is not high on my list of things to drink.

4. Have you ever kissed someone you shouldn't have (drunk or sober)?

Um, yeah. Do you read this blog? It's a bad habit I have. Did it last night, in fact.

5. What is the stupidest thing you have ever seen a drunk do (besides driving a car)?

Jump off the roof of a two-story house into a pool that was only 5 feet at the deepest part.

Bonus (as in optional): How do you cure your hangover(s)?

When I go to bed I take an aspirin and a multi-vitamin and drink at least 8 ounces of water. I make sure to eat a hearty breakfast (eggs, bacon, toast with OJ or oatmeal with OJ) and drink lots and lots of water to replace the nutrients and hydration lost from drinking.

* * * * *

1:15 p.m. edit: I'm not a happy camper this afternoon. Boy had a psychiatric eval today. They wore me down (Dr. and Spousehole). I agreed to try a drug on my baby boy. An anti-psychotic. Fuck. He's not hallucinating, he's not schizophrenic. But he's going to be taking a drug that is mainly for those things. Risperdal. He's starting on a teeny-tiny dose. Even so, I don't want my baby to turn into a little zombie.

I'm scared.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jumping off the roof? Okay that's pretty stupid. I'll post mine this evening.

Anonymous said...

I like your hangover cure - then again I like most things that make it okay to eat. ;-) Happy TMI!

Biscuit said...

Your hangover cure sounds a lot healthier than mine. Water. Yes, water would be good :)

SheenV said...

Cedar Point! I haven't been there since senior year in high school. That was our family vacation every year growing up.

I think we need to go drinking some time...

Desmond Jones said...

I've been hung over exactly once in my life (I've been drunk oftener than that, but not in a while. . .), and it was an experience that I didn't want to repeat. And I haven't. . .

Unfortunately, most of my 'too-much-drinking' happened during the first couple years of our marriage (no correlation; really). I was a very well-behaved college student. (so, maybe I just had to get my ya-yas out, one way or another; I don't know).

And hey - I've gone skinny-dipping in Lake Huron! Except I was sober at the time. Is that better, or worse?

- said...

I'm still laughin' on your #2 answers. Happy TMI Bunny!!



And yikes about your *edit & the new rx. I'd be freakin nervous/apprehensive/scared too. I hope it goes okay. I dont blame you. That seems friggin frightening so I hope it goes okay

Vixen said...

ROFL at your #2's....

happyTMI!

Unknown said...

I haven't ever had to face the decisions you've had to make for your son, so I can only imagine how it must be to make them, but I wish you (and him) well with the decisions that were made.

Summer said...

It must be extreamly hard to make ths decision for your son. I hope it's helpful to him and you.

Polt said...

Peed your pants on a date...hehehe, i saw a guy do that once at a party too. :)

Good luck with Boy's meds...I hope that all works out well.

HUGS...

Hoochie Mama said...

LOL! #2 is just crazy!

Just keep a close eye on the boy. A few years ago my son was put on a new medicine and it made him horribe. He even new it made him evil. I took him off of it after day 3. The next one he did great on.

Anonymous said...

Damn!!!

I wish there were pictures.

The Bizza said...

I can relate to how you feel about your child. My ex-wife kept pushing for Ritalin to help my baby girl with her Autism.

I'm not advocating a course of action... just know that I understand.

dareuu said...

a little late trolling blogs but i had to comment.

i had one or two of those band camp experiences myself. wonder if we ever shared one? hmmm

on boy and drugs...keep an eye on him. it might actually help. the drug may have been developed for one thing but it is not uncommon for drugs to help with many unexpected situations. the world of pharmaceuticals is full of those stories.

ATLLG said...

Damn woman you are CRAZY! when intoxicated!

I know you should be on drugs. I'll hold him down ....nay screw that...just give him about 20 times the kid's dosage in his next cup of coffee...

See I do know how to have fun, and I am NOT Drunk...currently

Helena said...

LOL, at going throu Micky D's drivethou with no wheels. In your profile you wore the red fuck me pumps...Every one one should have a pair of those!