Is it a sex blog? A mommy blog? A bitch & moan blog? Um, . . . yeah. This is my place to be totally honest. In my real life, I feel like I'm always lying to somebody about something. Here, I am totally honest. Brutally so. However, no matter what bad things I say about my kids, I adore them and would never ever really, say, sell them on Ebay. The husband, often referred to as Spousehole, is another story. Oh yeah - if you are under 18 (or if you are my husband), please leave now.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

TMI Tuesday!

It's TMI Tuesday! Click the "I kiss and tell" icon to come play with us!!


1. If you could live in any home on a television series, what would it be?

I really, really loved the house the sisters lived in on Charmed. It was a totally cool old house with lots of beautiful woodwork (as portrayed in the interior sets they used.)


2. If you had a clone, what would you make it do so you could have free time?

Clean my house! OMG, it would clean and do laundry 24/7!

3. Who was your best friend when you were 8? When you were 13?

I moved to Michigan on my 8th birthday (I spent most of the day in airports). I had to start anew at making friends. My best friends were Susie and Melissa. Susie had lived in our town her whole life, Melissa was new like me. Melissa and I were the shortest kids in the class, we both had long brown hair, she moved from South Carolina and I from North Carolina and we had very similar first names. We had to be friends, since most people thought we were the same person anyway.

At 13, my best friend was Chick, who is still my BFF nearly 30 years later, although we are having a "thing" right now.

4. If you could travel anywhere, where would it be & why?

I really, really want to see London.

5. Would you hate loosing (sic) your sight or hearing most?

My sight. I lost 95% of my hearing as a child (restored through the miracle of then-modern surgery), so I know I can handle that. I lost my hearing gradually and I learned to compensate so well that some people weren't even aware that I couldn't hear. Including my parents, at first.

Bonus (as in optional): Nature or nurture?
I believe in a combination of both. Some things we are born with, some things we learn from our environment. And how we handle the things we are born with depends on our environment.

It is dangerous when we assume all one or the other. For instance, for many years "experts" thought that autism was the result of the child's environment. Specifically, they believed that cold, distant "refrigerator" mothers caused children to withdraw socially and become autistic. We now know that that is a load of manure. (If anything, the cold, distant mothers studied were a result of autism, not a cause; a reaction to a child who resists affection. )

9 comments:

Sai Hijara - Ferraris said...

I like that house too...and how nice of you to post pictures! ;)

Happy TMI Tuesday!

Desmond Jones said...

Poor clone! Why do clones always get the imaginary dirty work? ;)

As an adoptee reunited with both my birth-parents, I've garnered some unique insights into the whole nature/nurture thing, since my 'nature' and 'nurture' are much more 'cleanly' separable from each other than most people's. I don't know that I can give a coherent account of it (and certainly not in your comment-space), but suffice it to say that there are things about me that I can obviously see came to me via my DNA, 'cuz my adoptive parents just don't swing that way, and there are other things that just as clearly were 'reared' into me, 'cuz my birth-parents just aren't that way. All of which is a long way of saying that I agree with you - it's both (and why would that even be surprising?)

Anonymous said...

Nice houses indeed... the wood work inside is what I'm trying to do here... but it is a huge job!! ;-)
This is a very revealing TMI about you Bunny... and I so love your answer to the Bonus... Imagine what those poor women endured because of those biased searches! It's painful just to think about it...

Ronald Burgundy said...

Good answers. Hoping everything else is OK....

Ron

Vixen said...

God...I forgot about that house. It was *awesome*

Great bonus answer. I think you are very right.

HappyTMI!

Anonymous said...

Oh, the Charmed house if beautiful! (I've never seen the show).

Nice to 'see' you again :)

Work4Fit said...

i'm with u on the cleaning clones; thats for sure! ; ) and OMIGOSH- i LOVE these pics of the house & I LOVE that KITCHEN SO MUCH (especially) too!!!!!! ; ) happy tmi 2 u!!!! ; )

Bella Dreamer said...

I love the Charmed house! Gorgeous.

I have a feeling all the clones will be doing unpleasant tasks lol.

I enjoyed your answers. Great blog!! :) :)

The Creeper said...

I'd be with you living in Charmed. LOL! Love that house. It's a real house, too.

And I'm with you on preferring to lose my hearing if one had to go. I'm around people who have lost one or the other, or worse, both...and sight is harder to adjust to. It also is a bigger loss to your independence than hearing is.