Is it a sex blog? A mommy blog? A bitch & moan blog? Um, . . . yeah. This is my place to be totally honest. In my real life, I feel like I'm always lying to somebody about something. Here, I am totally honest. Brutally so. However, no matter what bad things I say about my kids, I adore them and would never ever really, say, sell them on Ebay. The husband, often referred to as Spousehole, is another story. Oh yeah - if you are under 18 (or if you are my husband), please leave now.

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Just Chugging Along . . .

I'm still here . . . somewhere. Had a rough night last night, so I think I'll be in a bit of a fog most of the day. Ah well.

We did end up going out somewhere on New Year's Eve. Unfortunately, that somewhere was Chuck E. Cheese (codename Charles E. Fromage). The kids had a ball. I think Spousehole had fun too. I enjoy seeing the kids happy, so it was okay for me as well. We ate dinner before we went, so I did not have to endure their horrendous take on pizza. We did get the cinnamon sticks for a snack and they were yummy. The fact that they actually have caffeine-free Diet Coke and UNLIMITED REFILLS is always good too. I had a coupon for 100 tokens for $15.00, which made the whole deal pretty darn affordable as well.

After CEC, we went to Nite Lites drive-through display at the local minor league ballpark. This is the first year Girl has really gotten into it. She kept say "Oh wook a dat!" every few seconds as she spotted different displays. She was very, very excited. Boy enjoyed it too. It was a nice family time.

Then we returned home and everyone was in bed by 10:00 p.m. We're just crazy partiers like that!

We spent New Year's Day hanging around my parents' house, eating them out of house and home. The kids had fun and they always make my Dad smile, even though they frequently interrupted his bowl watching. Speaking of which, 8 Big Ten teams made it to bowl games this year, but that's about all they accomplished. My Spartans lost to BC and Illinois let USC romp all over them in the Rose Bowl. Unfortunately for my favorite troll, Michigan did manage to beat Tim Tebow and the Gators. One bright spot in an otherwise lackluster bowl season for the Big Ten.

Not sure if she ate too many weird things or picked up a bug at Chuck E Cheese or what, but Girl woke up around 1:30 a.m. last night barfing her guts up. And again at 3:00 a.m. And 4:00 a.m. And 5:30 a.m. Though by 5:30 the poor kid just had the dry heaves. Lots of laundry and very little sleep makes Mommy a crabby girl today.

Girl woke up bright and sparkly around 8:30. She's perky, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. Hopefully whatever got her last night has passed. She ate some Cream of Wheat and drank some apple juice and is just little Polly Sunshine this morning. Go figure.

I'll try to make the blog-visiting rounds today, but I promise nothing. With Boy home from school until next week and the massive mountain of laundry I have to do, I can't be sure where the day will lead. Here's to living spontaneously in 2008!

Edit 1:35 p.m.: Both kids have diarrhea now. A great new year so far!

9 comments:

ATLLG said...

I love hourly braf duty ( mine can't stomach it so I get the barf duty ) and then the next day poof! All fine. WONDERFUL. I can see the need to sleep in your eyes from here!

Anonymous said...

My New Year's was spent blow snot out of my face and watching TV. But, oddly, I didn't mind at all... I must be getting old C:)

Val said...

I know of more cases of "CEC" poisoning than I can enumerate at this time...
I think their kitchen practices must be questionable!
7-Up = the elixir of life

Deech said...

Just stoppin by to Wish you and yours the Happiest of New Years. Like you...I am making the rounds. I have been out of it for a long time.

Flyinfox_SATX

Stealth said...

errr....um...

black-eyed peas dear?? Have a few. ;) I already ate a whole can because last year sucked so bad. It was silly :)

I lol'd at that Charles E. Fromage. Happy New Year lil bunny!!!

If I Didn't Love You said...

I am begining to understand. We are just playing along, too.

Vixen said...

Ack...happy new year to you... That sucks babe.

*hugs*

sandy shoes said...

Ugh. Well, at least 2008 has nowhere to go but up?

Semi-Celibate Man said...

Yeah, it was torture watching my Illini get thumped in the Rose Bowl. Ouch.

I love CEC, but it gives Mrs. SCM a sick headache. We usually leave her home for that outing. And I always stop to eat elsewhere beforehand. Tokens only!

Happy New Year!