Is it a sex blog? A mommy blog? A bitch & moan blog? Um, . . . yeah. This is my place to be totally honest. In my real life, I feel like I'm always lying to somebody about something. Here, I am totally honest. Brutally so. However, no matter what bad things I say about my kids, I adore them and would never ever really, say, sell them on Ebay. The husband, often referred to as Spousehole, is another story. Oh yeah - if you are under 18 (or if you are my husband), please leave now.

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Tagged!

I've been tagged by Kiki for the seven random thangs meme! I did it once before, so go read here if you want even more randomness!

Here's how it works:

Link to the person that tagged you, post the rules on your blog. Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog.

Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

7 Random or Weird facts about Bunny:

1. My eyes are not completely the same color. That is, my right is eye is 100% blue. My left eye, however, is only about 85% blue. There is a chunk, approximately 6:30 to 8:00, that is greenish-brownish-hazel, like my eye is a weird little pie chart. It's not a big deal, but you wouldn't have known that at my last ophthalmologist appointment. The assistant putting the dilating drops in my eyes, who looks at people's eyes ALL DAY, acted like it was the strangest thing she had ever seen. That didn't make me feel like a freakazoid; no, not at all.

2. While I am generally tolerant and accepting of all kinds of people, I have no patience for smelly inconsiderate smokers. Smokers who are considerate and take steps to ensure they don't reek of their nasty habit I can handle. But the ones who smell bad, who you can smell coming a mile away -- I have no tolerance for these people. There was a guy in my house the other night that smelled so horribly of stale & fresh cigarette smoke that I nearly threw him out of my house. I seriously considered spraying him down with Lysol. The kicker - dude was here to give Spousehole estimates on new windows; he is trying to sell something and comes to my house smelling like he marinated in cigarette smoke! Here's a tip: if you are trying to sell something, SMELL GOOD. Bathe, wash your hair, put on fresh, clean, non-smoke-smelling clothes, brush your teeth and pop in a breath mint. To prevent smelling like an ashtray, only smoke outdoors - never, ever EVER in an enclosed area - not your house, not your car, no where indoors. Spray yourself with a little Oust or Febreze or something when you come inside and brush your teeth or use a breath mint.

Even better - quit smoking!

Growing up with asthma and allergies exacerbated by second-hand smoke made me a really intolerant bitch on this score.

3. I'm an obsessive recycler. I recycle every scrap of paper, every bit of metal, glass, or plastic, batteries, EVERY DAMN THING I CAN. I do whatever I can to keep stuff out of landfills or our local trash incinerator. My newspapers and phone books go to a company that makes them into insulation for Habitat for Humanity, everything else goes into our municipal curbside recycling bins. They don't take styrofoam egg cartons though, so I try to donate those to schools or child care centers that will use them for crafts. I would compost if I had a use for the compost :-(

4. I enjoy popping my spouse's zits. It borders on an obsession. Fortunately, he is totally into it. He will take off his shirt and ask me to inspect his back. If he has no zits, he just wants me to scratch his back. Back when we used to have sex, a long, long time ago, this served as foreplay. Seriously. (For more on primate grooming rituals and sex, see FADKOG)

5. It is January 9 and my GDMF Christmas tree is STILL UP. I'm such a lazy b!tch.

6. One of my cats lives in a 5' x 7' pen in the basement. The top is totally open, so she can get out any time she wants. She chooses to not leave her pen. She is very paranoid and seems to think that she is safe in her chicken wire pen (designed for a rabbit). She has a bed, a litter box, and food and water. The children rarely venture downstairs, so she doesn't have to see them (she HATES the children) and she doesn't have to interact with the other cats. I take her out sometimes to play fetch (she LOVES fetch), so she gets some exercise. She seems quite happy with this arrangement.

7. While I am generally a very good cook, I can't cook rice. I'm like Keith Famie on Survivor: Outback. Remember him? A professional chef and Detroit-area restaurateur, but the other contestants ripped him a new one when he couldn't cook rice. If I try to cook rice on the stove it just comes out awful. This is why God made rice steamers. I adore the Hitachi rice steamer I got in 1999. Brown or white, jasmine or basmati, the rice comes out perfect every single time. I will never cook rice on the stove again.

I'm supposed to tag 7 people now to do the meme. I'll update later with those names. If you want to play, feel free to do so and let me know!

14 comments:

The Creeper said...

Secret to rice cooking....

Don't stir the rice.

Seriously.

h said...

I was tagged by Kiki Too! And we both have Chimera eyes! Small World.

I think my post is the best verbal post I've ever done. Different.

Desmond Jones said...

OK, did you and DKG get together and declare this 'Pimple-Popping Day' in blog-space? Yeef. . .

And hey, we just took our tree down this past weekend. I mean, Christmas lasts until Epiphany, right? Heck, our priest tells us that it's still Christmas, until this coming Sunday, the Feast of the Baptism of the Lord. So - you ain't no lazy bitch. Just a bit anal about the liturgical calendar, right? ;)

Vixen said...

My secret to perfect rice is Success Rice in a bag.....roflmao!

I agree with #2.

sandy shoes said...

Sue's right... don't stir. But I still sort of want a rice cooker.

My tree just came down yesterday. Actually the tree is still up; I took everything off it though. So my part of the job is done anyhow :).

Keyser Soze said...

That was all interesting and cool except the zit thing which freaks me out totally.

The recent artistic inspiration is from seeing Selman Hayek in FRIDA
which I mentioned in the previous post.

The pet inspires me in other ways

Keyser Soze said...

I might add that I'm rying to keep the pet a loosely guarded secret.
I don't really want us outed as a couple. The secret is part of the excitement

Deech said...

Oh yes...I am into the back scratching too! I can relate!

Flyinfox_SATX

SheenV said...

I'm also an obsessive recycler!

Anonymous said...

I hate smoker breath--ick!

Sherri said...

Ah ..another obsessive recycler :) Me too! check out storyofstuff.com and watch the 20 minute video!

Evening said...

My tree is still up too. But doesn't it feel like you just put it up? I am not tired of it yet.

I would love to see your eyes!!!

xo

Anonymous said...

Rice is easy. Put it on and then don't touch it until it's done, lol. =D Great 7 facts! =D

savedR said...

Our tree is still up. :D We got smart, though, and got a pre-lit tree (from Sam's, and can you believe it's the best one we found, anywhere?). We put said pre-lit tree up, then proceeded to make it a "theme" tree rather than a "quilt" tree; as a result, the only ornaments that have to be taken off are a bunch of big, red, fake Poinsettas (that look AWESOME), about 12 glittery snowflakes, and 1-2 gift ornaments. Yeah, I figure it'll take about 20 minutes to take down once we get started. >:)