Is it a sex blog? A mommy blog? A bitch & moan blog? Um, . . . yeah. This is my place to be totally honest. In my real life, I feel like I'm always lying to somebody about something. Here, I am totally honest. Brutally so. However, no matter what bad things I say about my kids, I adore them and would never ever really, say, sell them on Ebay. The husband, often referred to as Spousehole, is another story. Oh yeah - if you are under 18 (or if you are my husband), please leave now.

Friday, January 4, 2008

Addiction and a meme

I have a new addiction and it's a bad one. You see, every year at Christmas, SantaSpousehole introduces the kids and I to a different British confection not widely available in the U.S. Little glimpses of his teen years growing up in England. This year's didn't do much for the kids, but Mommy is totally addicted. Thank God we should be out soon, because these things could kill me.
Cadbury Crunchie bars. They are basically sugar covered in chocolate. Not much more than that. Oh my God, they are SO good. Sweet and crunchy. The perfect treat for a diabetic, don't you think? Between these and the Lindor truffles from my Mom, I may end up in a coma yet.

Here's a meme I stole from Sandy. For each category, you list something that starts with the same letter as your first name.

1. Famous Singer: Madonna
2. Four Letter Word: Mofo
3. Street: Mulberry
4. Color: Mauve
5. Gifts/Present: Muffler (as in a thing that keeps you warm, not a car muffler!)
6. Vehicle: Minivan
7. Things in Souvenir Shop:Magnets
8. Boy Name: Melvin
9. Girl Name: Matilda
10. Movie title: Memento
11. Drink: Margarita
12. Occupation: Mayor
13. Celebrity: Marshall Mathers
14. Magazine: Mode
15. U.S. City: Miami
16. Pro Sport: Marbles (oh yes, it's true)
17. Fruit: Mango
18. Reason for Being Late to Work: Monday
19. Something you throw away: Markers
20. Something you shout: Mother -!

18 comments:

Deech said...

They do sound good! OMG..and Lindor Truffles? Yeah...I can see that.

Flyinfox_SATX

Sailor said...

Yum, and I love Truffles, so I think you should share!

Michelle said...

If I am not mistaken...you can still buy those Crunchie things in Canada :) Yummy! Or at Meijer in the International Foods section....lol

Rae said...

I'm obsessed with Cadbury. They have the crunch ones that are sort of like the rice krisp ones too. And the hot chocolate places in England? Phenomenal, true chocolate just melted and maybe with just a little bit of milk...I almost go into a diabetic coma just thinking about it, and I'm not even diabetic.

sandy shoes said...

My mother's a Brit. When we went to visit I got used to having a Cadbury's "99" -- also called "Flake," I think; it's basically a little log of chocolate slivers -- stuck in a cone of vanilla soft-serve. Yum.

Cool, you did the meme! I like "mofo" :D.

Vixen said...

The thing in our household as been the 8 different flavors of Hershey Kisses you could buy this xmas...could meaning, WE did, lol.

h said...

M is for MICHIGAN who beat my beloved Gators. And for MEYER the Gator's coach who I addressed in today's post!

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Anonymous said...

Lindor Truffles! Yum! So when can we expect another tale of erotica?

Constance said...

Hope that you are having a good weekend, Bunny !

Naughty Girl said...

I like how Monday can basically cover any and all disasters...even if it isn't Monday!

BlueBella said...

Yum yum - chocolate! Oh I'm excited to have just found you . . . sounds like we have a few things in common:) Love your blogroll, too. . .

Anonymous said...

those little dessert bites look yummy. i'm a sucker for anything sweet.

Kiki said...

That candy sounds wonderful! I might wander into Canada to see if I can find it there.


Also, I tagged you. You don't have to play if ya don't want to.

Anonymous said...

cadbury crunch are a STANDARD canadian chocolate bar and one of my favs to boot.

Crispie Crunch (a peanut butter bar) is yummy too !!!

Any store in Canada WILL have both - supermarkets will have multi-bar packs in the candy aisle ...

Kittie Kate said...

Oh yeah!
I love those!
I love sweets! The dentist makes fat coin with me.

Desmond Jones said...

Hey, these are all M-words; 'Bunny' doesn't start with 'M'. . . ;)

Oh, I could go very naughty here with C-words, couldn't I? A while back, I made an indirect allusion to Molly of 'the C-word that lots of folks think is even nastier than the F-word'. And my dear wife, God bless her, looked at me puzzledly, and said "'Crap'? What's so nasty about 'Crap'?"

Charlie said...

crunchies are the BEST!! when you run out let me know and i'll send you some for sure.

Charlie said...

crunchies are the BEST!! when you run out let me know and i'll send you some for sure.