Is it a sex blog? A mommy blog? A bitch & moan blog? Um, . . . yeah. This is my place to be totally honest. In my real life, I feel like I'm always lying to somebody about something. Here, I am totally honest. Brutally so. However, no matter what bad things I say about my kids, I adore them and would never ever really, say, sell them on Ebay. The husband, often referred to as Spousehole, is another story. Oh yeah - if you are under 18 (or if you are my husband), please leave now.

Friday, June 22, 2007

I Feel the Need . . .

I want, nay, NEED a trip to Cedar Point. Anyone with me? I feel the need . . . the need for speed! (Top Gun, freshman year in college. Good times.) Terrified of heights, I still love roller coasters. The higher and faster the better. My fear enhances the experience, I guess. Cedar Point is Mecca for coaster fans. I really need a Cedar Point trip. I haven't been for a year and I'm jonesing for a fix (I thought it was 2 years, but husband reminded me when I mentioned it that we went last June with our church's senior high youth). If you think about, a roller coaster ride is a lot like sex. You start getting excited waiting in line. The anticipation builds to a fever pitch, click-click-click, as the coaster climbs the first hill. There's that moment as the first car goes over the edge where time stands still, then - woo hoo!! We're off! Oh, yeah, baby. And then, it's over all too quickly.
When we go, we go child-free. No little people inhibiting our need to ride the biggest, tallest, fastest coasters in the world. If we're taking kids, we just go to Michigan's Adventure, only an hour or so from home. Yeah, they've got 6 coasters, but not like Cedar Point. Coaster purists love MA for it's wooden coasters, but, to be honest, I tend to hurt my neck or back on those things. Too jarring. Guess I'm getting old. (What was that? Did you say "Getting??" and laugh your ass off? Shut up.) MA does have a water park included in the admission, however. The kids love that. It just always seems that we pick a day to go when it's too cool to really enjoy the water park. Or it's super warm and everybody and their brother had the same idea.

If you won't go to Cedar Point with me, will you watch my kids?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never been a huge fan of roller coasters. We have Worlds of Fun here. They've got a new one I want to try though - called the Patriot. Love water parks. Not just because of the attractions, but the scenery too! LOL

Trueself said...

I would probably be happier watching the kiddos than going to Cedar Point. However, if you've read my blog you would know that leaving your kids with me is probably not wise. I'd screw 'em up somehow even if I only had 'em a day or two.

Anonymous said...

Sign me up. I loves me some roller coaster action.

Michelle said...

I don't do amusement parks....*shiver* Hate roller coasters...I guess cause I am scared of heights.

So where are you in Michigan? I am 20 mins N or Detroit.....are you far from me?

crse said...

Cedar Point. Man its been years!

ZigZagMan said...

I remember when MA Actually was next to the water park.."Pleasure Island" ...:)