Is it a sex blog? A mommy blog? A bitch & moan blog? Um, . . . yeah. This is my place to be totally honest. In my real life, I feel like I'm always lying to somebody about something. Here, I am totally honest. Brutally so. However, no matter what bad things I say about my kids, I adore them and would never ever really, say, sell them on Ebay. The husband, often referred to as Spousehole, is another story. Oh yeah - if you are under 18 (or if you are my husband), please leave now.

Friday, August 29, 2008

McCain-Palin

Apparently I'm the only one not terribly shocked about McCain's pick of Sarah Palin as his running mate. Not her specifically, though I was aware that she is considered a top up-and-coming young Republican. I knew he was going to go with a chick - anyone who thought he wouldn't was deluded. After all, you can't run against Obama's "historic-ness" without a "politically-correct" pick of your own. Christie Todd Whitman was mentioned, but she was tainted by her flame-out as EPA administrator. Carly Fiorina's name was also bandied about, but she's got baggage from her HP days. Palin won beat a sitting governor in the primary in Alaska and a former governor in the general election, so she's a darling of the Republican Party currently. I think McCain's thinking that women who are pissed that Hillary isn't on the Dem ticket will go Republican because he's got a chick on the ticket.

He's wrong. Hillary supporters are disappointed, but not insane. They aren't going to jump on the McSame bandwagon just because he has a cute girl on the ticket. Sorry. It's just not that simple.

I will say this for McCain's choice, however: it has much more of a "wow" factor than Obama's pick of Biden.

P.S. I generally try to keep up with political stuff, but I am embarrassed to say that I saw the following bumper sticker on a car yesterday and had to come home and look up this candidate on the web. I had no clue who he was. Doh!To blog is a self-invasion of privacy

10 comments:

FTN said...

Wait... Does this mean Ron Paul isn't in the running anymore?

I gotta admit, she has slightly better legs than McCain.

just bob said...

I was surprised by the person, but not the background of who was chosen. McSame needs a strong "Christian-Right" running mate to keep all of the evangelicals from jumping ship. Yes, he also thinks he can pick up the disgruntled Hillary supporters because Palin is a woman.

I might have voted for McSame if he had picked Michael Palin of Monty Python fame.

h said...

That isn't why he picked her. She's a great non-political pick who will probably be the most effective Vice-President in US History.

Anonymous said...

I don't know...

I can see the whole political move McCain made but I know it won't sway the female voters who were voting for Hilary.

I think most females have more common sense than to vote for a man who agreed with Bush's policies 90% of the time.

I don't want to see this country under the thumb of the republican party for another 4 years.

Chuck said...

"McSame"? Are you for real? Damn.

He's what's needed to lead this country and I think Palin is a great choice as a running mate. Not only because she's got a certain MILF quality.

ThursdayNext said...

I agree - Hillary voters arent to be duped. The two are night and day, and Palin looks like a disorganized secretary not ready for such a role if, god forbid, something happens to McCain.

Brian Gardes said...

Not too surprised. Just seems a bit odd that both candidates chose running mates from states with zero political "power." I mean, how many electoral college votes are they getting out of this?

I had to google the bumper sticker too.

Anonymous said...

I completely agree. This is a desperation move my McSame. I just hope for the sake of women in politics that Palin doesn't do as much damage as Geraldine Ferraro did. It took what 20 some odd years to recover from that debacle?

Being from NJ, Whitman is no surprise to now be overlooked. While on the national stage everybody is not quite aware of it, much of her dirty laundry came out here in NJ after she left for Washington, and that would come back to haunt her if she ever did try to make a national run at some office.

Ultimately, the same right wing nut jobs that would have voted for McSame anyway are the only people that would like Sarah Barracuda anyway, so now the only question is will this be a Mondale size blowout, or will the Bible Belter's and racists help keep it closer.

h said...

"Heheheheheh. Hey Beavis, let's be really clever and call McCain "McSame". Heheheheheheheheh."

"Heheheheheheheh. Great idea Butthead. Let's repeat it over and over like fucktards! Heheheheheh"

500 dollars to any of the McSame-Chanters who can list a single new idea proposed by the man they worship, Obama. The Great Angel of Change (from Chicago Machine politics).

Anonymous said...

Crap, you mean it isn't Michael Palin?!? Well, that certainly changes things!