Is it a sex blog? A mommy blog? A bitch & moan blog? Um, . . . yeah. This is my place to be totally honest. In my real life, I feel like I'm always lying to somebody about something. Here, I am totally honest. Brutally so. However, no matter what bad things I say about my kids, I adore them and would never ever really, say, sell them on Ebay. The husband, often referred to as Spousehole, is another story. Oh yeah - if you are under 18 (or if you are my husband), please leave now.

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Running Away

Warning: boring post ahead! Take precautions - consume mass caffeine quantities before reading!!

I have run away from home. After taking the kids to Shrek the Third on Friday, which went surprisingly well, I ran away. Packed a bag and abandoned Spousehole and the kids. Went out to dinner with my little sis and 6-yr-old nephew and stayed at their house that night. Got a great mani/pedi Saturday morning. Spent most of Saturday afternoon with the nephew. I know that seems to defeat my purpose of escaping children, but Sis had surgery for skin cancer on Thursday and needed some peace and quiet. (After a 6 hour surgery, the docs believe they got it all. It's just the 25 stitches in her face and resulting scar that are going to be a problem. She's only 35. Please use sunscreen folks. ).

Now it's Saturday night and nephew and I are staying at my parents' place. Before this weekend, I had spent 2 nights away from both children and husband in the last 7 years. Two nights in seven years. Scary. Have had nights with children gone, but husband still around; have had nights with husband gone, but children still stalking my every move; just no time without one or the other. This is relaxing, except for nephew. Traded one 6-year-old for another.

I'll go home tomorrow. Wonder if they miss me yet?

Also, my computer is in the hospital - it hadn't run well with Windows for about a week, but linux still ran fine. Now, not so much. Husband has the new kick-ass machine, of course, but I'm not allowed to use his precious gaming machine. Won't give me the password or set up even a limited account for me. May be a while before you hear from me again.

Hope to be back soon . . . .

3 comments:

ZigZagMan said...

half nekkid footsies are cool...:) If you goofs are camping close to Manistee.......raid our camp.....free beer is good beer...:)

Anonymous said...

Time away is very refreshing. Glad you got some space. Hopefully your computer will be patched up soon!

stanglover64 said...

We all need time away to ourselves. If you're like me, everyone else's needs come first. One weekend years ago my husband came home from work to find me at my wits end and booking a rental car for the following weekend. I left work early that Friday and drove out of LA towards FL. I didn't even have a hotel booked. I ended up finding a quiet beach on Cape San Blas just south of Panama City. Best week-end of my life . . . (BTW, I was surprised to find the kids survived without me.)