Is it a sex blog? A mommy blog? A bitch & moan blog? Um, . . . yeah. This is my place to be totally honest. In my real life, I feel like I'm always lying to somebody about something. Here, I am totally honest. Brutally so. However, no matter what bad things I say about my kids, I adore them and would never ever really, say, sell them on Ebay. The husband, often referred to as Spousehole, is another story. Oh yeah - if you are under 18 (or if you are my husband), please leave now.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Memorial Day Memories

TMI is one post down!!

My babies enjoying the water:

Memorial Day weekend was pretty good. We remembered those who have died in service of our country and said prayers of thanks for their sacrifice.

We also drank scotch. Lots of scotch, a little at a time. A scotch tasting, actually. FIL pulled out the bottles: Auchentoshan, Balvenie, Bowmore, Clynelish, Dalwhinnie - 20 year, Dalwhinnie - 15 year, Glenfiddich, Glenlivet, and Glenmorangie. The Auchentoshan (triple distilled single malt) was the hands-down winner. Smooth as silk. The 20-year Dalwhinnie was great too - but they don't export it to the U.S.- only the 15-year. You have to bring the 20-year back from the U.K. The big-time loser: Bowmore. Incredibly expensive and incredibly horrid. Tastes like dirt. Fertilized dirt. An acquired taste I plan never to acquire.

Went out on the boat 2x. Nothing better than lunch on the boat - shrimp, chips and salsa, and the beverage of one's choice. Aaahhh. Kids went swimming in the lake, explored the woods, and generally wore themselves out. Good times. Adorable brother-in-law is now the age Spousehole was when we met and looks a lot like him. Brought back a lot of memories.

An old favorite that amuses me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmm... Scotch. Yummy. Your post made me thirsty and made me wanna hit the lake. :o)

Mustafa Şenalp said...

ÇOK GÜZEL BİR SİTE.