Is it a sex blog? A mommy blog? A bitch & moan blog? Um, . . . yeah. This is my place to be totally honest. In my real life, I feel like I'm always lying to somebody about something. Here, I am totally honest. Brutally so. However, no matter what bad things I say about my kids, I adore them and would never ever really, say, sell them on Ebay. The husband, often referred to as Spousehole, is another story. Oh yeah - if you are under 18 (or if you are my husband), please leave now.

Monday, May 19, 2008

Mute Monday - Different Strokes

It is still Monday, right?













The paragraph and video below are stolen straight from Christopher at Project Christopher, but I thought it fit today's theme perfectly. Thanks Chris!

Neuro-anatomist Jill Bolte Taylor had an opportunity few brain scientists would wish for: One morning, she realized she was having a massive stroke. She watched as her brain functions shut down one by one: motion, speech, memory, self-awareness. She gained priceless insight into her own work and spoke about it in the TED series of talks about Ideas Worth Sharing. This video is 18 minutes long so sit back, it is an idea worth sharing.

6 comments:

Ellen said...

Jill Bolte Taylor is SO inspiring.

Did you know she is on Oprah's Soul Series right now too (for 4 weeks)
and also that she has a FABULOUS BOOK called "My Stroke of Insight" that you can get at Amazon.

Here's the link for the book from Amazon - Enjoy!!
http://www.amazon.com/My-Stroke-Insight-Scientists-Personal/dp/0670020745/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1211230800&sr=8-2

h said...

Great stuff. Wide variety. I thought the stroke-master was perverse until I read the small print. It's therapeutic! Grrrherhahaahahahahaha!

Happy Mute Monday

Old Knudsen said...

Nice MM you dirty little stroker.

Anonymous said...

My hat is off to you, these are some truly 'different' strokes...Happy MM!

Vixen said...

O.
M.
G....

I am ROFLMAO at that "Stroke Master". Eww. Ewwww!

LOLOLOL

Johanne said...

Great MM, Bunny!!! I love that lady!!