Is it a sex blog? A mommy blog? A bitch & moan blog? Um, . . . yeah. This is my place to be totally honest. In my real life, I feel like I'm always lying to somebody about something. Here, I am totally honest. Brutally so. However, no matter what bad things I say about my kids, I adore them and would never ever really, say, sell them on Ebay. The husband, often referred to as Spousehole, is another story. Oh yeah - if you are under 18 (or if you are my husband), please leave now.

Monday, May 19, 2008

I'm Doing Better Today

Thank you for all the well-wishes. I am feeling much better today. I didn't realize quite how much I missed my kids. Girl was gone from Monday to yesterday and Boy left Thursday after school and returned yesterday.

I didn't get near as much done as I would have liked while they were gone, but made a little progress.

The kids are really, really missing their dad. I didn't realize quite how much until the last few days. At Boy's annual IEP meeting on Friday, I learned that he has been having crying jags at school which is something that never happened before. They said he'll just start crying out of nowhere and because of his autism he can't verbalize what is wrong. He'll just crawl into a teacher or aide's arm and cry his little eyes out. It started the week his dad left for S.C.

My MIL said Boy was really subdued while visiting them, until after he talked to his dad on the speakphone. Then he was happier and interacted with them more. He was more relaxed too. So this morning when Boy was resisting getting ready for school and just being a general pain in the ass, I called his dad so they could talk. As soon as he heard his dad's voice, he started crying. Broke my heart. Poor little fellow.

So I have a surprise for them this weekend. I found a relatively inexpensive fare and am having their dad fly up for the holiday weekend. He won't get here until Saturday night and leaves Monday late afternoon, but it's something. With any luck we'll have my husband's whole family, sibs and parents and niece, at the cottage up north so he'll get to see everyone. Monday will be just us though, for some much needed family time. The kids just miss him so much and they don't really understand why he is gone.

I might be a little glad to see him too. :-) We'll be alone Saturday night after I pick him up at the airport (we'll drive back up to the cottage Sunday morning), but stupid Aunt Scarlett (aka Auntie Flo) will most likely be visiting and mess up any chance of might have of getting my annual spousal nookie. Bitch.

8 comments:

Vixen said...

I'm glad you are feeling better today. I think that's great you are able to fly in the hubby.

Tough thing with the kids. I have to go through that when ever AH decided to pop in for a visit (every 6mo or so). Course the difference is your hubby is a good dad probably.... So nevermind. But still, it's difficult with the kids.

xo

for a different kind of girl said...

I know, even with my husband gone a few nights a week, the kids' demeanor changes, so I can imagine it's compounded by the dynamics in your family now. I hope the weekend visit helps everyone!

- said...

Hopefully, like you said, your surprise airfare plans work out for family time and that Aunt S (lol) stays the heck away.

((Hugs)) 2 U Bunny.

And I personally think you sound like an incredible Mom, btw. I just really do.

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are feeling better too. I hope this weekend works out very nicely in many ways.

Anonymous said...

Wow
...sounds. Like a hell of a ride with the kids! I cannot imagine how it all must be wearing on you! Kudos. Mom for staying. Strong. And making the best of it! I hope this weekend. Goes heat for all, especially. The kiddo s! Best wishes!
~vie

Anonymous said...

wow again - sorry for the broken gramatical comment; i love my blackberry but attempting to post comments on blogs from it is something i should certainly give up on! What i really wanted to say is i hope this weekend goes great for all- especially the kids!
xx
~vie

The Creeper said...

Aww. It's so tough when the kids are affected like that. I hope the weekend goes fabulous and helps them adjust better.

ME said...

Glad you are feeling better. I think that is a wonderful surprise!