Is it a sex blog? A mommy blog? A bitch & moan blog? Um, . . . yeah. This is my place to be totally honest. In my real life, I feel like I'm always lying to somebody about something. Here, I am totally honest. Brutally so. However, no matter what bad things I say about my kids, I adore them and would never ever really, say, sell them on Ebay. The husband, often referred to as Spousehole, is another story. Oh yeah - if you are under 18 (or if you are my husband), please leave now.

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Weekend Blogging . . . Again

My life is just too damn much fun. Anyone want to trade?

Man, what a weekend (she said, her voice dripping with sarcasm). Laundromat to wash all the stomach bug soiled stuff at once on Friday. The cute college boys only started showing up about 15 minutes before I was leaving, darn it (yes, I know I'm old enough to be their mothers; I can look). On Saturday, an attempt at taking the kids to play at a park, but the Boy first sat with his head on Daddy's lap and then came to me, crying, saying that he just wanted to go home. Who can refuse such a sad kid? Then a solo trip to the library. Checked out "Curse of the Were-Rabbit." That brought a smile to my kids' faces. Got "The Constant Gardner" for me, but don't know when I'm going to get to watch it. I've had a video from Netflix on my shelf for two weeks that I haven't watched yet either. I got books too, in case it sounds like I've forgotten the main purpose of the library. Also found out that parking at the library is free as long as you want on Saturdays with a library-validated ticket - woo hoo! (Usually library validation only gets you the first hour free. I understand at libraries in the suburbs they have something called "free parking." Not terribly familiar with that concept. May have to look into it.)

We did all make it to church this morning. First time in 4 weeks. The kids did great, then both had a recurrence of the stomach thing as soon as we got home. Of course, their father isn't here to help out or anything. He's off at a ropes course with the senior high youth group. What could make my day even brighter? My in-laws! They just called and are going to "drop by" in an hour and a half or so. They live an hour and 15 minutes north of us. Not exactly "drop by" distance. Oh well. It's their gas, right? But I'm not even attempting to clean things up for them.

I remember when Friday night was party/date night. Saturday was spent recovering from Friday, hanging out with friends, volunteering, maybe a party or date again Saturday night. Sundays meant a leisurely breakfast out reading the newspaper, sometimes alone, sometimes with a friend, sometimes with whoever I saw Friday or Saturday night. Visit my parents in the afternoon, scam some dinner from them that night. While that may not sound terribly exciting, it would be heavenly compared to this drudgery I've experienced lately.

I really need to pull myself out of this funk. All I do is complain, complain, complain. I'm turning into that person described in Chelle's recent post "Would You Like Some Cheese With That Whine?"

Somebody smack some sense into me, okay?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, sounds like my weekend. Paint the house, kids to church while I paint the house, dinner, no in-laws.

Friday, Saturday and Sunday were all open game for a good party before kids.

Love 'em anyway!

George said...

Your Sat sounds so typically "parent" LOL.

Why don't you install Compiz Fusion (used to be called Beryl) ... it's a really cool desktop manager among other things. It will be installed by default in the next update Gutsy Gibbon.

I would suggest going back to the original brown desktop ... the one you have on the desktop looks kinda washed out (sorry just my opinion)

SheenV said...

I liked "Curse of the Were-Rabbit"