Is it a sex blog? A mommy blog? A bitch & moan blog? Um, . . . yeah. This is my place to be totally honest. In my real life, I feel like I'm always lying to somebody about something. Here, I am totally honest. Brutally so. However, no matter what bad things I say about my kids, I adore them and would never ever really, say, sell them on Ebay. The husband, often referred to as Spousehole, is another story. Oh yeah - if you are under 18 (or if you are my husband), please leave now.

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Funny f*&@ing movie



"If I'd grown up on a farm, and was retarded, Bruges might impress me. But I didn't - - so it doesn't."

I saw this last night at the cheapskate ($3.50 regular, $2.50 if you have a local radio station discount card. Which I do, of course) movies. A bunch of pathetic people with no date on a Friday night and older couples with nothing else to do. But the movie was really fucking funny. And sad. Fucking sad. And fucking funny. They say "fuck" a lot in this movie - not one for the kiddos. Plus there's murder and drugs. Ralph Fiennes is a bizarre villain, Harry, and Colin Farrell is an adorable hit man, Ray. Brendan Gleeson really brings the whole film together as Ken, an older, wiser hit man. Excellent writing, wonderfully executed by the cast.


The guys are going sightseeing again:
Ken: We shall strike a balance between culture and fun.
Ray: Somehow I believe, Ken, that the balance shall tip in the favor of culture, like a big fat fucking retarded fucking black girl on a see-saw opposite...a dwarf.

Phone message typed up by the hotel owner:
Number One, why aren't you in when I fucking told you to be in? Number Two, why doesn't this hotel have phones with fucking voicemail and not have to leave messages with the fucking receptionist? Number Three, you better fucking be in tomorrow night when I fucking call again or there'll be fucking hell to pay. I'm fucking telling you - Harry.

Rent this on DVD - it's really fucking worth it.

2 comments:

Stealth said...

I am too depressed for a movie, I am going to bed and not gettting out.

but I will keep this one in mind.

Anonymous said...

I bought this and watched it last night...I am in love with Colin all over again... and Brendan...