Is it a sex blog? A mommy blog? A bitch & moan blog? Um, . . . yeah. This is my place to be totally honest. In my real life, I feel like I'm always lying to somebody about something. Here, I am totally honest. Brutally so. However, no matter what bad things I say about my kids, I adore them and would never ever really, say, sell them on Ebay. The husband, often referred to as Spousehole, is another story. Oh yeah - if you are under 18 (or if you are my husband), please leave now.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

TMI Tuesday

1. Have you ever felt guilty or ashamed after a sexual experience?

Oh yeah. More than once and not so long ago.

2. Did you ever own a fake ID?

Well, it was my own ID but the birth year was cleverly altered from 1967 to 1962. If anyone believed that, they were either really drunk or really stupid.

3. How often do you tell white lies? Is it with or without thinking?

I sometimes tell them to spare someone's feelings and I don't even think about it. It just happens.

4. On a scale of 1-10, how well do you receive constructive criticism?

Overall 3. From some people 8, from others -2. My Dad is an 8, Spousehole -2, my mom -2.

5. Have you ever shaved your pubic hair?

Of course. I prefer waxing when I can, but shaving happens far more often. Right now, however, I'm au naturel. Just for a change of pace. It's kind of weird and may not last.

Bonus: What percentage of women do you think are capable of handling being in a "friends with benefits" relationship? How about men?

I think it's less about gender and more about the individual. It also depends what else a person has going on in their life. For instance, for me having a husband I (perhaps foolishly) still love makes it easy to have a friend with benefits without getting too emotionally involved. I can separate love from sex. If I didn't already have someone I love, I would be more likely to let emotions creep into a sexual relationship. But really, every situation is unique. There are some people who you can be intensely attracted to sexually, but they would not be romantic relationship material at all. It's easy to have a friends with benefits relationship under those circumstances. There are other people with whom sexual and emotional attraction are inextricably linked and it would be very difficult to keep a sexual relationship platonic.

Happy Tuesday!

_____

Your result for Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn? Or Someone Else? Mad Men-era Female Icon Quiz...

You Are an Ingrid!

mm.ingrid_.jpg

You are an Ingrid -- "I am unique"


Ingrids have sensitive feelings and are warm and perceptive.

How to Get Along with Me
  • * Give me plenty of compliments. They mean a lot to me.

  • * Be a supportive friend or partner. Help me to learn to love and value myself.

  • * Respect me for my special gifts of intuition and vision.

  • * Though I don't always want to be cheered up when I'm feeling melancholy, I sometimes like to have someone lighten me up a little.

  • * Don't tell me I'm too sensitive or that I'm overreacting!

  • What I Like About Being an Ingrid
  • * my ability to find meaning in life and to experience feeling at a deep level

  • * my ability to establish warm connections with people

  • * admiring what is noble, truthful, and beautiful in life

  • * my creativity, intuition, and sense of humor

  • * being unique and being seen as unique by others

  • * having aesthetic sensibilities

  • * being able to easily pick up the feelings of people around me

  • What's Hard About Being an Ingrid
  • * experiencing dark moods of emptiness and despair

  • * feelings of self-hatred and shame; believing I don't deserve to be loved

  • * feeling guilty when I disappoint people

  • * feeling hurt or attacked when someone misundertands me

  • * expecting too much from myself and life

  • * fearing being abandoned

  • * obsessing over resentments

  • * longing for what I don't have

  • Ingrids as Children Often
  • * have active imaginations: play creatively alone or organize playmates in original games

  • * are very sensitive

  • * feel that they don't fit in

  • * believe they are missing something that other people have

  • * attach themselves to idealized teachers, heroes, artists, etc.

  • * become antiauthoritarian or rebellious when criticized or not understood

  • * feel lonely or abandoned (perhaps as a result of a death or their parents' divorce)

  • Ingrids as Parents
  • * help their children become who they really are

  • * support their children's creativity and originality

  • * are good at helping their children get in touch with their feelings

  • * are sometimes overly critical or overly protective

  • * are usually very good with children if not too self-absorbed

  • Take Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn? Or Someone Else? Mad Men-era Female Icon Quiz at HelloQuizzy


    To blog is a self-invasion of privacy

    9 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Happy TMI! I also took that quiz and I too, am an Ingrid...

    Desmond Jones said...

    I'm pretty sure I'm absolutely NOT FWB material. Not, you understand, that I'm even interested. But sex and love are, as you say, inextricably intertwined for me. . .

    And, as you probably are aware, I'm a BIG fan of the pubic hair. . .

    Vixen said...

    Hey Bunny!

    You know, I didn't think of it in the you did, regarding criticism. But when you break it down like you did, I totally agree. There are people I can accept criticism from MUCH BETTER than I can others.

    It's good to have you back. :)

    Ms. Inconspicuous said...

    I agree *completely* with your bonus answer. I do think that many believe it's difficult to separate sex from emotions--but I do think the key is already having that emotional support that (in my case) isn't attached to sex.

    It makes one see it as two separate entities instead of one.

    - said...

    Welcome back Bunny! I absolutely agree with your bonus answer. It can be a difficult thing for some people.... on the other hand, I'm a compartmentalized girly so it's never been too much of an issue for me. It's not that I'm cold... I just learned how to turn on & off. Kinda like method actors, maybe. When I'm in *it", I'm on. When when it's done, I'm not. It's a learned behavior, I'd say.

    And LOL on your #2 about people being drunk or stupid. Maybe both, huh? ;) (hehehe)

    Deech said...

    Bunny...Good TMI today. I do hope that maybe the change in location will change spousehole...Just a little?

    wordsnguitars said...

    OMG!! another transplant to SC!! I'm sooo glad to have randomly found my way here... anyhow, welcome to the heck-hole from a Charleston fella (by way of Boston)

    Trueself said...

    I'm an Ingrid too.

    Old Knudsen said...

    I'm an Ingrid too, well not really I just like to join in.